Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oscar shorts

The Oscar nominations were announced this week and I definitely have my opinion of the "Best Movie" and "Best Animated Movie" nominations (more on that later though). But with all the hoopla about animated movies and dramas, the one animation category people forget about is the animated short film section. The mainstream audience (heck, even most animators) hasn't seen any of the films nominated and usually doesn't care about them. But if you are here then you likely know me and so it is my job to educate you (and myself) on the nominations so you can root for the one you deem "best". I am rooting for the Wallace and Gromit film ("Matter of Loaf and Death") and if you were a betting person you would too: A Nick Park film has never* lost the Oscar when nominated for either short or feature animation.


Watch French Roast.

Watch Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty.

Watch The Lady and the Reaper.

Watch A Matter of Loaf and Death.

Watch Logorama.

(as seen on Cartoon Brew)



*Well, technically the first Wallace and Gromit film lost to Creature Comforts, but that was also a Nick Park film so he defeated himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment